Skilled Electrician – GAINESVILLE & NORTH CENTRAL FLORIDA- Immediate Start
We are seeking an electrician to start immediately on residential solar jobs. Must have solar-specific electrical experience.
PPM Solar is a leader in solar photovoltaic development and installation. We are a full-scale solar contracting firm based in Gainesville, FL. Founded in 2009 by Alex Khokhlov and Jason Gonos as two guys in a “truck” who marketed, designed, and personally installed our customer’s systems, PPM has grown into a solar powerhouse.
We are constantly looking for the right people to work with us and to share our passion and vision for solar power. We take pride in the quality of our installations and the work our in-house crews and preferred subcontractors do for our customers. Every employee is essential at PPM and is treated as an integral part of the team.
Our solar installers and skilled electricians work closely with our project management team to bring quality solar installations to our residential customers. Installers and electricians are required to perform roof and ground installations and be familiar with a broad range of hand tools, power tools, and heavy equipment.
- Layout and assembly of solar modules/array and mounting hardware
- Connecting solar mounting structure to the roof
- Electrical wiring of the solar array (AC and DC)
- Interconnection with utility from the inverter output
- Job closeout document completion
- Attend mandatory training and safety meetings
- Maintain clean job sites
- Car charger and battery installations
- 4 years of commercial/residential electrical experience
- Must have own tools
- Highly motivated with the ability to work unsupervised
- Creative problem solver with demonstrated ability to work smartly and efficiently
- Must be experienced with pipe bending
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs., with the ability to balance and climb ladders/stairs, and complete all aspects of the position in varied climates
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug/background test
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record, with reliable transportation
- Must be able to work well with others and have good verbal and written communication skills
Residential projects in north central Florida.
Why Should You Apply?
- The exciting opportunity to work on residential projects in this area.
- Our mission, vision, pay, and community are a trifecta of enjoyment and satisfaction in your career.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 – $40.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10-hour shift
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Gainesville, FL: Reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Electrical: 4 years (Required)
Work Location: One location
- Health insurance