About the job
Advance your career by becoming a Project Manager at PPM Solar in scenic Gainesville, FL, where you’ll lead a team committed to delivering top-tier renewable energy solutions. This role offers immediate leadership potential and the chance for career progression in a dynamic, growth-focused company.
PPM Solar, has upheld the utmost standards in ethics and professionalism since 2009, ensuring every team member delivers exceptional performance and customer service. Our clientele spans government, academic institutions, utility firms, and a substantial base of residential and commercial customers.
The successful candidate for Project Manager will demonstrate a proven track record to create and maintain commercial and residential project management throughout the complete project life cycle, from estimation to construction to project close out. Skills in project management software and databases are required (SolarNexus/ClickUp/Raken preferred but will train), as well as competent computer proficiency.
The Project Manager must demonstrate the ability to create and reach project milestones, read and interpret site plans, and possess mastery in decision-making with autonomy and reliability to identify and mitigate risks, manage costs, and design strategies to successfully move projects to completion. Must demonstrate innate aptitude to build consensus across negotiations between Client, Company and Contractors/Subcontractors.
This full-time salaried position requires a mix of office and field work, including visits to project sites, with a weekly expectation of over 45 hours and possible travel up to 30%.
PPM Solar has established itself as a prominent force in solar photovoltaic development and installation. Founded in 2009 by Alex Khokhlov and Jason Gonos as “two guys in a truck”, who marketed, designed, and personally installed our customer’s systems, PPM has grown into a solar powerhouse. We are actively involved in deploying projects in Florida from the panhandle to Miami, in North and South Carolina. We are celebrating more than 14 years in the solar industry and have enjoyed positive triple-digit growth rates for the past 3 years! While PPM keeps growing, we maintain the same ownership and management structure to assure continuity and adherence to high standards.
We take pride in the quality of our installations and the work that our own in-house crews and preferred subcontractors do for our customers. Every employee is important at PPM and is treated as an integral part of the team.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Project Lifecycle from start to finish
- Team coordination and motivation, including daily work commencement
- Effectively lead all construction activities and schedules with multiple vendors and subcontractors to ensure alignment with project schedules and completion timeframe requirements; anticipate bottlenecks and find opportunities to accelerate critical path items,
- Provide oversight of basic contract documents and any necessary change orders
- Proficient use of company-provided CRM for project management, including scheduling
- On-site project visits are required for safety, morale building, and progress monitoring
- Serve as a key point of contact for effective communication with the Client, PPM Solar staff and other key stakeholders,
- Direct communication with Crew Leads, Superintendents, and/or Field Project Managers throughout the project to ensure onsite work is progressing according to construction schedule,
- Assure collaboration of systems designs with in-house experts and outsourced engineering firms, architects, civil and landscaping engineers as necessary,
- Coordinate with project admin to log costs and aid in financial tracking,
- Attend all required meetings with clients, PPM Solar or other stakeholders.
- Coordination with Finance Dept to ensure clients are invoiced timely and accurately, according to approved contract milestones;
- Inform the admin and finance of project-related billings
- Field cost-control, including equipment rental and subcontractor management
Bachelor’s degree in related field required
3 years project management required, 5 or more years preferred.
Full Time, Salaried/Exempt (no remote work available)
Local residence preferred
Depending on qualifications and experience $70,000 to $110,000
Benefits available on first of month after 60 days:
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Other ancillary benefits